As many of you know, October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) and led by the folks at the National Cyber Security Alliance. I wanted to share with you many of the great things they are doing starting next week.
- They created pre-written social media status updates for every day in October. You can find them at: http://www.staysafeonline.org/ncsam/get-involved/social-media
- They have Twitter Chats each week throughout the month of October. Each chat is based on the different weekly themes of NCSAM (Week 1: STOP. THINK. CONNECT.; Week 2: Law Enforcement; Week 3: Businesses; Week 4: Cybersecurity Education) Chats will always be held on Thursdays at 3 p.m. ET. You can find a schedule of chats here: http://www.stopthinkconnect.org/get-involved/twitter-chats.
- They have special NCSAM profile/cover photos to use on your Facebook/Twitter/Google + accounts to show your support. http://www.staysafeonline.org/ncsam/promote-ncsam
- You can download their logo/web banners to display on your website/social media profiles: http://www.staysafeonline.org/ncsam/promote-ncsam
- Their Get Involved sheets have great ways for everyone to get involved and are organized by audience. Feel free to distribute these to your employees and everyone else: http://www.staysafeonline.org/ncsam/get-involved
- They will be tweeting and live-blogging throughout the month at various events throughout the country, including our NCSAM Kick-Off Event on October 1 in Omaha, Nebraska. Facebook Live will also be streaming the event.
- You can sign up to Become a Champion: http://www.staysafeonline.org/ncsam/champions/
- The official hashtag of NCSAM is #ncsam. Please use this hashtag in your tweets during October.
- Follow them on Twitter (@STOPTHNKCONNECT and @StaySafeOnline) for tips/resources/ways to get involved